Virtual Career Fair set for Oct. 6-7
Navigating the workforce can experience overpowering, but Vocation Providers can aid college students get ready and thrive with a selection of free assets. Profession Companies can assistance college students detect and work towards vocation plans come across acceptable careers, professions or internships teach occupation lookup techniques community with businesses and increase job progress techniques.
Master more about how to get the most out of these resources using the subsequent listing, and sign-up for the Virtual Profession Good, which will be held Oct. 6-7 from noon to 5 p.m. The career reasonable will element networking alternatives for learners of any key trying to find internships and component- and full-time job prospects.
Know wherever to go
There are 3 Profession Products and services workplaces:
- Occupation Companies (for all majors)
- The Career Setting up and Placement Office in the Mike Ilitch University of Business enterprise
- The Profession Resource Centre in the School of Engineering
Get concerned early
Accessing Job Companies early and frequently can enable you prepare for professional employment when you graduate. To get commenced:
- Hook up with a career counselor for support organizing and taking care of career objectives acquiring include letters, resumes, references, and thank you letters and guidance with task search tactics.
- Be lively on Handshake, the place you can produce a qualified profile, network with peers and businesses, utilize for work, and much more.
Get the most out of Occupation Services’ sources
In addition to immediate occupation counseling, Career Expert services features further sources, together with:
- Shows, networking occasions and workshops throughout the calendar year.
- Significant Job interview, which can be employed to exercise interviewing and develop resumes.
- Inside Sherpa, which provides virtual coaching activities to enrich your competencies.
- Parker Dewey, which gives compensated undertaking-based mostly micro-internship possibilities, ranging from 5 to 40 hours.
- The CareerSpots video clip channel, which characteristics profession-connected movie shorts and self-guided career competency programs.
College students can hook up to all these methods and extra from Job Services’ internet site.